One if the issues brought up in her post and in the comments was that most of the Science posts were directed at women. I was (and still am) curious if scientists who happen to be male even THINK about having balance between the professional and personal worlds. Here is what I commented:
I would be quite interested to know what percentage of your male readership struggles with balance. 100%? 50%? Just Physioprof?
In grad school, none of the male grad students ever talked about feeling conflicted between work and home life. Obviously it could be that they were just putting up a front. But I'm curious.... do male profs *want* articles specifically directed at them?
So what do you think? I'm constantly struggling with how best to balance my work and home lives. Are the men around me just better at hiding their guilt... or have they just figured out the secret to maintaining presence in both worlds?